but have you considered:
- strong females who don’t denounce femininity or being girly
- strong females who are “like every other girl” bc why the hell not girls are rad
- strong females who tear down the culture of girls hating on other girls
- strong females who are proud to be feminists
- strong females who support and acknowledge trans women
- strong females who understand that being strong isn’t synonymous with manly or with “acting like a man”
MATILDA IS THE IDEAL MOVIE AND HERE IS WHY
- female protag
- no love story cause shes a six yr old
- bff is a small girl of color
- bechdel test passed in like the first ten minutes
- anti-bullying message
- anti-abuse message
- pro-learning message
- this girl is so smart she can move things with her MIND
- teaches kids that if ppl are toxic, even if they are family, then you don’t have to stay with them
- cute as frickle
- great soundtrack
- happiest ending
- infinitely relatable
these are the facts people
I just want to see Nine, Ten, and TenToo in the same room
with Nine looking back and forth between Ten and Tentoo before glaring at Ten like “What the fuck did you do?”
want this moment burned on my eyelids
So many girls saw this. Bless.
All hail the queen.
Let this sink in. She declared herself a feminist in front of a bunch of white women who decided they werent feminists like katy perry and then her husband and child, the things feminists evidently don’t have, were cheering on and gave her an award
"We both said a lot of things that you’re going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster." (x)
hoechlin talking about dylan accidentally slapping him during filming
i am 0% the person i was three years ago and i would probably get in a fight with 2011 me
- Lift leg over back of chair
- Resume eye contact
- Carry on the conversation as if you didn’t just sit down in the most boss way possible
is that you hobby lobby
Am I the only one that’s a just a tiny bit pissed off that this is still an issue?
The Original Series wasn’t even in the general VICINITY of fucking around yo
OKAY, so you know I care about reboot and all, despite its problems, because that shit got me into Star Trek in the first place. But you wanna know its major problem? It’s not good science fiction. It’s an action movie in space. GOOD science fiction is the original fucking series, right here.
They took a social issue that was HIGHLY TABOO and made a show about it because you can get away with that kind of thing by putting it on another planet and just having the Enterprise point the bullshit out. It’s 2014 and this argument is sadly still relevant. And do you know why it’s still relevant? Because the average person isn’t well-educated in social issues. They’re well-educated in summer blockbusters. We need more science fiction that broadens the mind and just doesn’t pit good vs. evil. Star Wars is where you go for great action adventure, good vs. evil. Star Trek was wholly separate because it was concerned with the human condition and the state of the future.
In short, I will roundhouse kick anyone in the face that calls the original series a silly 60s camp show with no entertainment value. It made me contemplate my very existence and it did so on the budget of a bologna sandwich.
Mallory Ortberg has a voice like an old movie actress. (“Male Novelist Jokes” at the Last Bookstore in LA)
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that Mallory Ortberg is one of the funniest writers alive, and a wonderful entertainer.
"I’m just playing" -mating cry of the white-speckled North American asshole
yesterday this girl saw that i had a pack of tissues paper on my purse and said “oh look, you do have feminine things” and she wasn’t even trying to be mean she said this like she was proud of me like, what the actual fuck?